Monday, April 23, 2012












I would have liked for the green areas to multiply with time, like a five oclock shadow dealing with limbs and leaves. The gloves should be white like the mask and maybe a different hat; or no hat, but the hat is an important element of concealment of the costume. A hat made to look like a stump would have worked and could have started under the straw hat. I contemplated painting the mask but decided white was more generic, of course I didn't know how many other classmates would also wear the same mask. I think the normal human condition involves 'layers' layers of personality and different roles we play in varying situations. We are nature although many try to deny this clothing themselves in various forms, including makeup to distance their appearance. 
I am continuously reminded that I don't resemble the norm of students and am subsequently aware of my otherness as an older student. I may go long periods in unawareness but something brings me back; this is a big part of what I meant to portray. I look at these pictures and think I look pretty interesting and I never intended to wear the mask of white throughout the entire time, donning it to hide from new people who would see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment